NORTH

It saddens me greatly that I cannot see the stars from the city, for they are such a beautiful sight and it seems a shame.

A week ago I returned from a trip to the North, about seven hours North to be precise. There the stars were a plenty and silence was ever present save the occasional murmuring moos from a distant paddock.

Each morning I said hello to the sun, sometimes before the light reached the porch. Then I would walk through grass, collecting dew drops on my desert boots, to the bottom of the farm. I'd take a seat right by the strawberry patch. Queenie dog would sit beside me and listen to me sing, never interrupting.

I spent time alone and also in the company of my own Mother and another. Beautiful things blossomed inside and outside of my mind.

I am a lover of nature and I long for the day when I will live between greens and be closer to the sea. Until then I will recall this place, remember how it felt, retell the tales and revel in such recollections.


 


 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment